Monday, November 9, 2015

Thanksgiving Countdown, Day 9: Buiiiild a Jaccuuuuuuuzzi, Okaaaaaayyyyy?

A few days ago, I slept weird. I mean, I had a great night. Very restful. But when I woke up, my back was in pain. So I must've slept weird somehow, and pulled some kind of back muscle.

I figured it would get better throughout the day, but it pretty much stayed the same. And that next night, the pain kept waking me up.

Much less restful.

Then it was WORSE the next day! I could barely comb my hair for church, because my left shoulder blade didn't want to move. It could, but it hurt a lot.

Today it's been a little better, but still weirdly stiff and achy. So, I decided it was time to do something about it. I figured hot water and jets might help. And, because of the tub in our master bathroom, that was something I could do!

This is the first house we've lived in that had a jetted tub. It's such a blessing on cold days, or when you're feeling sick, or you're sore from a workout. And the jets aren't even the best part. I'm just happy to have a tub big enough to really soak in.

I'm not sure what we'll do when we move again, if we don't have a big tub. I'm become accustomed to my lavish lifestyle.

Anyway, to make a long story get to the point already, soaking helped a lot. I was able to loosen things up, and Ben and I were even able to work out this afternoon.

Of course, squatting 115 lbs didn't really help my back any, so it's pretty sore again.

But hey, that's okay! I have a tub!

And I'm very grateful for it. :)

No comments: