Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thanksgiving Countdown, Day 22: God Rest Ye, Merry Cassandra

Sundays can be pretty exhausting. I love my calling, but there are always extra meetings happening either before or after church. Then there's choir, and while I would like to use my meetings as an excuse to not be in the choir (because they really do take up a chunk of my Sunday), our ward choir is so tiny. They really need all the help they can get. And it's fairly easy for me to pick up the songs. Ergo, I attend choir.

That means that some Sundays have me at church for about six hours.

Today was not one of those days, thankfully, but I did have to go to a rehearsal for a couple of hours after church. And in the few hours that Evie and I were home, we had to hide upstairs so as not to wake Ben. Keeping Evie, the dog, and myself quiet while Ben sleeps is draining in its own way.

By the time we got home from rehearsal, it was dinner time, and I was completely disinclined to cook anything. I was way too tired. Lucky for me, my family was willing to settle for grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I can always count on them to try to make my life easier. I'm very grateful for that.

But today what I'm especially grateful for is that Evie doesn't have school this week! We still have things to do, and we'll still need to keep extra quiet while Ben is sleeping during the day, BUT, I can sleep in every morning if I like!

Well, except Wednesday, when Evie has a doctor's appointment.

But otherwise, I don't have to set an alarm. And things have been so busy lately that I've definitely been lacking in the sleep department. It's going to feel amazing to sleep in.

Granted, for me, sleeping in means getting up at 8 instead of 6:30. But it still sounds absolutely fantastic.

Thank you, local school district, for giving the kids the whole week off! My tired brain and I salute you!

No comments: