Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Countdown, Day 25: Isn't It About... Time?

Sharp, but not sneaky.
I got to spend a shocking amount of good quality time with my family today.

I say, "shocking," because normally Ben would sleep throughout most of the day. Today, though, he only slept a few hours before waking up to deal with schedules and arrangements so he can be in Forever Plaid. The director said there are a few more things to finalize and work out before they can commit to moving forward with the show, but once they work all that out, Ben has a part waiting for him.

So Ben didn't get much sleep today, but he was in an exceptionally good mood because of the upcoming chance to perform again (which I totally understand - it's like a drug! It's euphoric!), And Evie and I were here pretty much all day, playing video games and hanging out, so once Ben was done napping, we all got to do stuff together.

I wonder which
expansion this is from?
We played some Paper Mario, then watched a couple of superhero TV shows (because we're nerdy like that). Then we played a few rounds of Munchkin. It was Evie's first ever time playing, but we figured she's old enough now. And sure enough, she won the second game! Granted, I let her win, just a little, by not throwing everything I had at her to prevent it. But it was either her or Ben, because he was also one monster away from winning, so my parental instincts sided with Evie.

By the time we were done playing together, it was time for Evie to shower and get to bed. We played the whole day away. It was awesome.

That's my favorite thing, and my strongest love language: spending quality time with the people I love. Nothing makes me happier.

It was the perfect way to spend the day before Thanksgiving. :)


Admit it - you're intrigued!




No comments: