Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thanksgiving Countdown, Day 10: Tender Loving Care

I'm grateful for all the tender mercies in my life.

Today, I woke up to find a plethora of ants in my pantry. "What eez a plethora," you ask? Well, it's basically this: a whole hecka lot more than will ever be necessary.

It was way too many ants.

The last time something like this happened was in Texas, right after Ben deployed to the Middle East. It's the kind of thing that always tends to happen when Ben is deployed.

But not this time! This time, he was not only not deployed, he was actually home when I discovered the plethora of ants! And he stayed up past his bedtime (he's on the night shift, so bedtime is around 8 AM) to help me take care of them.

I'm still so incredibly grateful that he was here. I would have panicked if I'd had to face that army of ants on my own.

Another tender mercy is this: I don't seem to be sick!

Last night I definitely could feel a cold coming on. I was achy, my throat was getting sore, and I had a little fever (100.5). But I really don't have time to be sick this week. I have voice lessons, presidency meetings, Mutual, Christmas parties, singing practices and performances, talks and lessons to prepare, CDs to burn, laundry to do, appointments to schedule, choir to teach, gymnastics classes to drive Evie to and from, cheese balls to make, errands to run, and probably a dozen other things I'm forgetting.

I really don't have time to be sick right now.

So, last night I gargled a lot of salt water, drank some Airborne, took a hot shower, slept as long as possible, and then I got up and repeated the salt water and Airborne this morning.

And do you know what? I feel fine. I'm exhausted, but that's probably more due to everything going on in my life than because of any illness. The cold seems to have passed me by (knock on wood). I can't even begin to tell you how thankful for that I am.

Lastly, the final book in a series I love came out today, and I got a copy in the mail. It's the last book in the series! I finally get to learn how the story ends! I'm so excited. It's keeping me more cheerful than stressed out. Which, as I'm sure you know, I'm very grateful for.

Sometimes all those little tender mercies God sends our way really serve to show us how much He loves us. :)

No comments: