Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day Six

Today I'm thankful for cool weather. We don't get nearly enough of it here in Texas! Autumn is my favorite time of year, because I get to wear jackets, sweaters, boots, hats, etc. The leaves are changing color, the air is crisp and cool, and my favorite holidays all tie into fall. Even the bulk of the Christmas season is technically in the fall! But the best part is definitely the cooler weather.

Texas summers are brutal, so I suppose even temperatures in the 80s count as "cooler weather" here, but it's still not cold enough for me. My favorite temperatures are in the 50s and 60s: cold enough that you need a jacket, but not so cold that you can't go for a walk. I loathe being hot, so colder temperatures are glorious! I can't get enough of them!

I wish it was a little cooler here, but it's getting there (very gradually). And we won't live here forever. Hopefully the next place we go has a shorter summer (aka, less than 6 months) and more of a chill in the air year-round. That would make me grateful indeed!

No comments: