Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day Seventeen

Today I'm grateful for my extended family, both my own relatives and my in-laws.

I have such an incredibly great support system. Is my family perfect? No. Do we sometimes have disagreements? Of course. But do I always have love and help when I need it? Yes, yes I do.

I've been blessed to know all four of my grandparents during my life. One has passed on, but I still love him and cherish his memory. And I'm so grateful for the ones I have who are still living. No matter how old I get, I feel the same love from them that I felt as a child. They're good, hard-working, spiritual, wonderful human beings, and I'm blessed to be among their posterity.

I have a multitude of aunts and uncles as well. I know some better than others, but I've experienced love and kindness from all of them. A couple of my aunts are almost like sisters, I feel so close to them. I can drop in on any of them at any time and feel completely welcome. They're amazing.

I have a plethora of cousins, which is even more than a multitude (at least it is in this instance). I don't really know all of them, but I know most of them. They're pretty cool. I have a good friendship with a few of them, and I love all of them.

My in-laws are amazing. I mean, they kind of have to be, to have raised the unbelievably wonderful man I married. There are a lot of them, because Ben comes from a family of eleven children, and many of those are married with children of their own. So there are a lot of Fifields. But man, do I feel at home with them!

Right off the bat, from the moment I first met them, I felt comfortable with them. One of my very first thoughts upon meeting them was, "Man, I hope I have in-laws like this someday!" Of course, at the time I didn't think there was any chance I would actually marry a Fifield boy. Funny how things turn out sometimes!

Ben's brothers and sisters feel like my own siblings, especially the younger ones with whom I've been able to spend a lot of time. They're some of the best people in the world, and they never cease to amaze me with their kindness, intelligence, and talent.

Did I mention that Ben's family is ridiculously talented? Well, they are. So much so that I find it pretty intimidating to be around them sometimes, especially when it comes to musical ability. But they're so sweet, they never have anything but compliments for me when I try to join in.

And of course, Ben's parents are amazing. They're truly like a second father and mother to me. I can tell that they love me, and they've always made me feel like a full-fledged family member. They're generous and kind, and they make me feel like I'm a valuable contribution to the family. I'm so grateful for them.

I've been incredibly blessed when it comes to family. And for me, family is everything. So the fact that my family is so ridiculously fabulous is a huge gift from God. No matter what life may throw at me, I know that I'll be okay, because my family will uplift, help, and support me if I need it.

I love you guys.

No comments: