Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Eight

Today I'm thankful for a tidy house! It doesn't happen that often. And frankly, it's rarely spotless. And I definitely don't vacuum or scrub the toilets as often as I should. But just being able to look around and see that things are put in their correct place makes me feel good inside.

To be fair, it doesn't usually last that long. Evie and Ben both tend to leave socks lying all over the house, along with backpacks, jackets, shoes, and anything else they happen to have on hand. Dishes stack up in the sink so quickly it's like they appear on a magical timer, with a new dish every three minutes. I'm not blameless, either, because while slightly tidier than my darlings, I also get into bad habits - like putting things down on whatever flat surface is closest to me.

But on the rare occasions when things are tidy, I feel happy. I feel like I'm actually the awesome mom/wife/homemaker I pretend to be the rest of the time. It's just a little thing, and really not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things when it comes to parenthood, but it's something. And I like it! I should really clean my house more often...

No comments: