Wednesday, November 6, 2013

You Know Who You Are

It's been a long, tiring day. And it's only the middle of the afternoon! It's been tough thinking of something to blog about today. It's not that I'm ungrateful, it's just that only the really obvious things have been coming to mind - like my husband, my daughter, my BFF - and I'm saving those for closer to Thanksgiving.

But I've realized what it is I'm grateful for today. I'm grateful for the very few people who actually take the time to read my blog and acknowledge it.

Writing a daily gratitude blog is a lot of work, even just doing it one month out of the year. There are days, like today, when I want to quit. I write these on such a public forum so that I can (hopefully) uplift others and share my faith, testimony, and gratitude with them. I also write it for my family and friends who live far away, so they can see a little bit of what's going on in my life.

So it gets a bit discouraging when no one seems to read it. I tend to feel lonely and isolated when Ben is deployed anyway, so writing a blog and feeling that it's ignored just compounds that feeling.

I don't need multitudes of people to sing praises for my blog. Even just a simple Facebook "like" lets me know that someone cares about me and my efforts.

I don't get a lot of "likes" or comments, but I do get a few. And it's for those few people that I keep doing this. It would be really easy to just keep my thoughts of gratitude to myself. But gratitude is something that I feel should be shared. So it's good to know that I am sharing, even if it's only with a couple of people. That's what keeps me going.

So I'm very grateful for my mom, sister, and the few other relatives and friends who actually read this blog and let me know, in some small way, that they enjoyed the insight into my life and are thinking of me.

I know, I'm shallow and need too much attention and approval. But like I said, it's lonely when Ben is gone. Thank you for humoring me and making me feel a little less alone, and a little more loved. :)

No comments: