Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Awesome Little Moments With an Awesome Little Girl

This morning has been amazing. I've only been up about an hour and a half, but already my little girl has made my whole day brighter.

I'm not going to talk about Evie, herself, so much in this post. That's coming a little closer to Thanksgiving.

Instead, I'm going to talk about all the sweet, fun little moments I had with her this morning. They've really made me appreciate how blessed I am to be her mom. It's like I told her as I was dropping her off for school: "God could have given you to any family. But He decided to give you to me. It's the best gift I've ever had. I feel like I won a prize, getting to be your mom!"

So here's the list of awesome moments with my awesome daughter:

1 - Waking up to find her playing cheerfully in her room, in spite of the coughing, sneezing, and runny nose she's dealing with due to a cold.

2 - Giggling with her over the ridiculous sounds her nose makes when she blows it.

3 - Helping her make her bed, and having her do her part with a smile and no complaint.

4 - Picking out a red shirt and pants for her to wear, and having her delightedly exclaim, "I'm like Pinkalicious! I can be RED-licious!"

5 - Watching her get excited about trying out her new blueberry toaster pastries.

6 - Listening to her blow bubbles in her chocolate milk, then giggle, "I ate a bubble!"

7 - Seeing how proud she is that she's finally tall enough for me to comb her hair without making her sit on the bathroom counter.

8 - Her delight at remembering that she has a red jacket that goes perfectly with her all-red outfit.

9 - Her excitement at discovering that she got ready for school so fast, she has a few minutes to play outside before it's time to leave.

10 - Watching the faces she makes when she brushes her teeth.

11 - Walking to school together, and racing to the stop sign.

12 - Pretending to be Worgens from World of Warcraft as we walk through the school to her classroom.

13-  Having her put herself on "follow" (when one character kind of attaches itself to the one in front so they don't have to do any walking for themselves. Their character automatically follows) and stick with it, going so far as to follow me while I walked in tight circles.

14 - The huge hug and kiss I got at the door of her classroom while dropping her off.

Seriously, I am so incredibly grateful for those little moments. My whole day is brighter because of them. I'm overwhelmed with love for my little sweetheart. She's seriously one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I love her so much, and I'm so grateful to be her mom!



No comments: