Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pictures

I've been taking pictures of Evie (and a few of Ben) lately just for fun. I really want to get more practice taking really good pictures, but I don't have a lot of opportunities. I just do what I can with what I have. So I took these, and played around with them on Photoshop. I also took some of my old wedding photos (the photographer gave us the copyrights, so it's all good) and played with those as well. Here are some of the ones I really liked.

I like the way she's looking off into the distance in this picture. It's slightly out of focus on the farther side of her face, and I haven't decided if I like that or not. I pulled out the color in this picture to make it look cleaner and sharper, and I DO like that.

I took this one of Ben with the flash on and didn't like it, but when I took it without the flash it came out really dark. So I put it into Photoshop, lightened it up, and pulled the color up a notch in Ben's eye so it really pops. His eyes are beautiful, and I actually really like how this came out.

Evie's got such a sweet melancholy look on her face in this one, so I took out most of the color to emphasize that. The whole thing looks sad and sweet now.

This one makes me laugh. I love the look on her face - it's so mature and grown-up for a two year old! - and I actually like the necklace she put in her hair, too. It's actually a very cute (if strange) look! I intensified the color, and I tried to put even more color into her eyes, but since they're dark like mine it's hard to see any difference.

I toned the color down on this one, too, just because I like the softer look of it. And while I'm not sure what she's doing with her finger in her mouth, I really like the angle of this shot and the way she's looking directly into the camera.

This one I pretty much caught by accident, while she was running through a patch of sunlight coming through our window. It's not perfect, but I really like it anyway. I did clean it up a little bit in Photoshop so it looks more like I set it up this way (there were some weird shadows and stuff before), but it's not too different from how it started.

This is one of the wedding ones I was playing with. I took most of the color out, just leaving it in the grass, the bouquet, and our eyes. My photoshopping may be a little odd, but you can't deny that we had a great photographer! He took so many great pictures for us!

I did the same thing with this one, taking out most of the color but leaving the flowers and bouquet at their normal intensity. I don't know why I like taking the color out so much. I think it just gives it a classier air. And it was a pretty grey, cloudy day when we got married.
But only on the outside. :)

Yes, I know this is completely cheesy. I'm aware of that. I also know that it's not particularly well done. But I enjoyed trying to do it, so I don't care! This is the temple we got married in, on the day we got married. And as you can see, I've superimposed our faces, looking at each other. Hey, this is the building where we were sealed together in a marriage that will last for eternity! Cheesy as this picture is, I think the meaning behind it is sweet. So there!

That's all I feel like posting. There were a couple others that I did of Evie, but these are my favorites. I hope in the future I'll be able to get outside and start really taking more pictures. On the other hand, with Evie in tow that will be hard to do. But we'll see. She does make an excellent subject for my photos, after all.

3 comments:

Ashley and Zane said...

I love your pictures! I need to figure out photo shop, but it may be beyond my technical skills!

Kimbo said...

Wow these are so cute!!! I need to get more into photography for sure. Great post.

p.s. I'm glad you like the free blog backgrounds. They're great. I have ADD too at times so I find myself changing it all the time and it's nice b/c it's so easy :)

Cass said...

You guys are sweet. Thanks!