Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tribute to Mr. Buchanan

I can't believe they killed off Bill Buchanan on 24. He was one of the best characters, in my opinion, and it's tragic to have witnessed his demise. Granted, he went out with a bang (no pun intended). Not only did he die with style, he did it saving the life of the President, and numerous hostages. He was a hero. I'm hoping they hold a really good funeral for him, although with all the work Jack Bauer will have to do to save the day, we probably won't get to see it. Not to mention, they'd have to throw that funeral together REALLY fast.

As far as fictional characters go, Buchanan was truly a gem. In every season of 24 (since he appeared in season 4) he's been a rock, always doing everything in his power to stop the bad guys and save the day, but always keeping his morals, too. He wasn't a wild card like Jack Bauer, he wouldn't go to the same extremes, but he was very good at his job. He wasn't afraid to put his own life on the line, that's for sure.

I know he's not a real person, but I really admired the character. He was like the tough, super-awesome "dad" type character, and he was one of my favorites. When the clock came up after his death, and it was silent (like it always is when an agent dies), I just about lost it. It's amazing how attached people become to fictional characters, isn't it?

In any case, 24 will never be the same. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, my dear. Now I can follow faithfully!

Cass said...

Yay! I like comments, so it's a win-win. Unless you decide my blog stinks, in which case it's a lose-lose. But until that happens, win-win!!!