Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Precocious

I haven't written anything for awhile, so I thought I'd just put this little story in here. I've already posted it on Facebook, but not all my blog friends are on Facebook. So now they can hear it, too. :) This is a conversation I had with Evie a couple of nights ago:


EVIE: Mama! I want juice!

ME: (picking her up and walking over to the mirror) Let's look at our teeth. (baring our teeth in the mirror) They're so strong and healthy, and great for chewing food! Juice is good for our bodies during the day, but when we're going to sleep at night, it's better to drink water. Juice gets sugar on your teeth and if you sleep like that your teeth will turn brown and hurt your mouth. Then the dentist, like the one on "Nemo", has to poke your mouth (me poking her mouth) and drill your teeth (insert buzzing noises here) and pull out your pretty teeth! If we drink water before we go to sleep, our teeth stay healthy and strong, and we can still chew our food! So water is best at bedtime.

EVIE: Juice hurts teeth?

ME: It's okay during the day, but if you drink it when you're going to sleep it will hurt your teeth, yes.

EVIE: Drink water and have healthy teeth?

ME: That's right.

EVIE: Water at bedtime?

ME: Yes! So do you want me to go fill your sippy cup with cold water?

EVIE: (thinking it over) ... Juice!


What a stinker!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You know, you can link it so facebook uploads your blog posts automatically.

Cass said...

I saw that you do that, but I don't know how. :) And some of the things I write about might upset some of my friends (like my gay friends, when I wrote about Prop 8), so... Yeah that would be cool, but maybe not right now. But thanks, Smacky!