Sunday, December 16, 2012

Look Out, Pinterest!

Today, I invented a dessert pizza recipe.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have come up with stuff like this, but I've never been able to find a recipe for this kind of thing. So while I'm probably not the first to mastermind such a creation, I am going to claim credit for it. I didn't get help from anyone else, I created this all on my own. Well, I had a little help from Nestle Toll House, Mama Mary's, and Hershey.


So here it is! Cassie's Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizza!

Ingredients:

One ready-made pizza crust (I used Mama Mary's, but I'm sure any brand will do. Or you can even make your own crust if you have the time and inclination!)
Six regular-sized, ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookies
Two dark chocolate Hershey bars (regular size)
Powdered sugar
Caramel



Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut up the cookie dough into small pieces and scatter it over the surface of the pizza crust.


Put the pizza on a sheet of tin foil (or you can use a pizza pan or put it directly on the rack). Lower the temperature to 425, and put the pizza in the oven. Bake for five minutes. While that's baking, break/chop the Hershey bars into small pieces.

When the five minutes are up, pull the pizza out and use a knife to spread the cookie dough so it covers as much of the crust as possible. Sprinkle the chopped up chocolate bars liberally over the pizza. Put it back in the oven, and bake another three minutes. When it's done, remove the pizza and spread the melted chocolate around. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the pizza, and top it off with a generous drizzle of caramel sauce.

Soooo delicious.




So that's it! Easy, right? I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: