Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mama Mia!

Happy Mother's Day to the bestest Mom in the world! Don't worry, I know that's poor grammar. She taught me better than that. :)

I'm going to rip off something my baby sis did, and list the top 10 reasons why my Mama is the "bees' knees." Or is it the "bee's knees"? Just how many bees are we talking about, here?

Here we go!
10) My mom once dressed up as a tattoo artist, complete with ratted hair, "REPENT!" t-shirt, and multiple tattoos (including one on her forehead) for career day when she was a teacher at my school.

9) When my sister and I get into "your mom" fights ("that's weird," "you're weird," "your mom's weird!") she jumps right in and tells us that our mom is weird.

8) When she's excited about something, she does a little dance and goes, "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!"

7) When I was a teenager, she pretended to be excited about the things I was excited about, even when those things were actually making her very nervous (i.e. boys). As a result, I told her all sorts of stuff and always felt very close to her.

6) She's learning to hug like her dad (my Grandpa) does. It involves hugging as tightly as possible, then wrapping the arms together closer and tighter. They're the best hugs in the world.

5) Over Christmas in Africa, when my Dad asked her if she would join him in the shower, she replied, "Do I have to be dressed?"

4) She was my dieting partner one summer, and I lost 10 lbs. I've never looked so good! And I couldn't have done it without her.

3) She's attended every show, concert, play, etc. that I was in growing up, and as many as she possibly could since then. To be fair, she's lived halfway around the world for the past few years, which makes it difficult. Even with that, I think she's only ever missed 1 show.

2) After Evie was born, she came to visit us. She stayed up with Evie at night so that I could sleep, and helped a TON in getting Evie's sleep schedule adjusted so she was sleeping at night.

1) She's taught me everything I know about being a mom. I can't think of anything she did raising me, that I would do differently. I have an incredible relationship with my family, and I give a lot of the credit to her and the way she raised us. If I can do half as well with my kids as she did with us, my kids will be amazing. ("Oh yeah! Oh yeah!")

I love you, Mama. You're the best. Happy Mother's Day! :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Bee's knees. She is the knees of THE bee, not all of them. THE bee is awesome, and his knees are incredible.

elsalgal said...

Don't forget my combat boots that I wore with that outfit. I can't believe that nobody has ever used that insult.